The student news site of Lipscomb Academy
Back to Article
Back to Article

He Shoots, He Scores, Go Stangs!!!

He Shoots, He Scores, Go Stangs!!!

September 17, 2015

Hockey season is just around the corner, and the Mustangs hope to see you there! The season starts with the Warrior Tournament at the end of September and continues through February. Led by Coaches Rich Melin and Corey Toy, and seniors Bradley Koster and Thomas Neal from BA, and Reed Sears from LA, the Mustangs hope to bring home the state championship this year for the first time in school history.

Coach Melin says, “This year’s team has tremendous potential and is learning that it takes hard work and trust in each other to succeed.” He also thinks the team has a chance to play for the highest level tournament this February.

There are also many things to be excited about this season. With the addition of multiple players, especially two new goalies, Christian Smead-Williamson and Donald Berschback, the Mustangs hope to add more strength to the roster. Another addition to the coaching staff is assistant coach Corey Toy. An experienced hockey player, Toy played division 1 NCAA hockey for The Ohio State University and for the Fayetteville Fire Antz in the SPHL

Head Coach Melin is also excited about what the fans will experience. He says “This year we have three that are capable of scoring instead of just a couple of guys like in the past.”  When talking about improvements for this year he had this to say, ” Given that we are a year older I expect us to play with more discipline and understanding of what is expected of us.” Over all, this season looks to be great one and we can’t wait to hear you cheering in the stands for us this year!

Pony Express • Copyright 2019 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in