The Pony Express: Then and Now

Back to Article
Back to Article

The Pony Express: Then and Now

Olivia Baltz, Editor

Since the 1950’s, The Pony Express has been the student voice of then David Lipscomb Campus School and now Lipscomb Academy expressing student views and opinions on this ever-changing institution.

The Pony Express, now published primarily in digital format, continues to represent the students and teachers who call this school home. Check it out at pony.express@lipscomb.edu.

As a nod to the rich tradition of this paper, some of the students once featured in the earlier editions of this paper have gone on to make Lipscomb their permanent home by staying on to teach in the same place that taught them years ago.

Current faculty member, beloved Coach Ernie Smith, attended high school at Lipscomb and has continued to teach here for the past forty-three years. He is just one of the many real Lipscomb Lifers who teaches here after having gone to school here. Other teachers attending high school include: Donna Brasher, Andrew Stewart, Erin Rickelton, Martha Ann Hawkins, Geoff Musick, Amanda Berry, and Savannah Pickens.

The Pony Express has been there for it all: the homecomings, the banquets, the athletic wins and losses, and the renovations and innovations of the past seventy plus years. The Pony Express continues to transform along side of the school. This has allowed the paper to face new challenges and evolve, which it will continue to do so for years to come.