The student news site of Lipscomb Academy

Pony Express

Jessica and Tucker Tackle the Senior Spotlight

Jessica Chancey, Writer

If you’re ever in need of someone to crack the ice with a good pun, look no further than Tucker Hamar.
As a Lipscomb Lifer, Tucker has been known and loved by all since prekindergarten. Tucker has been playing football since grade and has specifically been playing as a center on the offensive line. Apparently he just couldn’t get enough of Coach Tillman seeing that Christian Man Coach teaches has been his favorite class.

“Tucker is a wonderful representative of our team, his family and his God. He’s a hard worker that cares more about the team’s success than personal glory. He has a good name and lives in such a way that he doesn’t make people question his raising. Most importantly, Tucker is a faithful Christian.” -Coach Tillman

If Tucker isn’t on the field or in class, he can probably be found hunting, fishing, hiking, kayaking, watching Forest Gump, or just hanging out with his friends. Staying close to campus, he is an involved member at Granny White Church of Christ.

Next year, he will continue with his lifer status by moving across campus to Lipscomb University. He’s not too sure about what he will be studying but he knows it will be something in medicine or pharmacy.

Not quite a Lipscomb lifer, Jessica Scherer has been at Lipscomb Academy since the third grade. For all of high school, Jessica has been playing volleyball for Lipscomb as an outside hitter. She also plays for Ethos Volleyball Club as the captain of her travel team. She has been a great asset to the team since sixth grade.

“Jessica is truly a servant-player. She is the first one (to practice) and the last to leave while making sure all equipment has been returned properly. She is quiet spoken, through her demeanor she shows her competitive side and fierce drive to excel. It has truly been a joy to see Jessica mature and grow in Christ over the years, I know God has tremendous plans for her in the future.” -Coach Adams

Next year, Jessica will be at the University of Tennessee in Chattanooga and will major in Business with a minor in international studies. She has tried out for and made the UTC Volleyball team but has not yet decided whether or not she will play for the Mocs next year. She has a passion for traveling and wants to use that in her future career. She also has a passion for art and reading. In fact, her favorite books are the Red Queen Series by Victoria Aveyard.

On weekends, (if Jess isn’t away at a volleyball tournament), she will probably be reading and drawing using her favorite Netflix shows, Gilmore Girls and Friends, as inspiration. She also goes to Our Savior Lutheran Church and loves the Mustangs!!!