Senior Spotlight: Jake Paddison Races into the Lipscomb Light

Back to Article
Back to Article

Jessica Chancey, Writer

Jake Paddison has always been known for his spunk and sense of humor but there is so much more to him than that.  

Although not quite a lifer, Jake has been at Lipscomb Academy since 6th grade. His sister, Grace, also went to Lipscomb and graduated this past year in 2016.

During the fall season Jake is a proud and invaluable member of the boy’s cross country team under the leadership and guidance of everyone’s favorite physics teacher, Geoff Musick. However, during the spring season Jake plays soccer down at The Griff with his fellow Mustangs. Although he just started playing and running in high school, he has become a major asset to the Mustangs.

Kind words by Coach Musick, “Jake Paddison has really come alive for his senior year of cross country. From last year, Jake has dropped three minutes off of his 5k time. Improvement like this is quite commendable. Jake’s improvement has even earned him a spot as an alternate for our state championship meet roster next Saturday.”

After school, he is often found on a run, playing ultimate, hunting, fishing, and just hanging out with his friends. Often he can be found eating at Baja Burrito in 100 Oaks with his friends.

After graduation, Jake plans to attend Belmont and major in entrepreneurship. Go Bruins!