Lipscomb Parking Update: Overflow Has Overflowed

Back to Article
Back to Article

Alex Vaughn, Writer

One major issue that every Lipscomb student with a driver’s license and a car experiences is the struggle to find parking. Whether it is parking in an illegal space and sucking it up when getting a ticket or making your own space four cars over from where the last space should be in overflow, we’ve all been there to make the journey from overflow in order to make it into class by 7:45. Last week, a senior left and did not come to school the entire day because she was unable to find a parking space after searching for one in all of the parking lots.

As a senior who has been parking in overflow as a result of almost being late everyday for two years now like the majority of our grade, I believe that junior and senior parking should both be for seniors since there is not nearly enough spaces for all 150 students of the senior class and since most of us have been waiting for two years for better parking. With most of the sophomore, junior, and senior classes being able to drive, there should be enough spaces for us, but there are also many college students who park in our beloved overflow due to the lack of parking at the university. While it is clear that both the high school and the university need many more parking spaces, it will unfortunately be fixed after the senior class graduates.

If you want to see change, sign our petition to convince Lipscomb we need more parking!! https://www.change.org/p/lipscomb-get-lipscomb-more-parking?recruiter=599133335&utm_source=share_for_starters&utm_medium=copyLink