2016 Coming Home Splashing Success

More stories from Riley Gentry

This year’s coming home ceremony was one to remember. The amazing court looked wonderful in black, pink, and white as they represented their individual grades and the overall school.

The theme for this year’s event was Sock Hop, which meant to honor our court and school, we took a step back in time for a brief period. The gym was decorated in beautiful balloon designs and 50’s themed decorations.

The entire student body, teachers, administrators, and many parents gathered together in the gym to witness the beautiful presentation and the amazing work that the committee put in to to make that day so special.

Student body president, David Floyd, made the opening speech and was the MC for the event. Cassie Smith, caught everyone’s attention with her clever welcoming speech about the theme.

President Floyd presented each couple of the court in order of class, starting with the freshman. Each girl wore a long, lovely, pink gown while the guys wore white tuxedos and black bow ties.  David Floyd then announced Mr. Lipscomb, Logan Campbell, and Miss Lipscomb, Tori Thurmond. All of the students applauded the beautiful spectacle.

After presenting the court, Shelbi Sullivan and Matthew Smith gave heartfelt speeches about Mr. And Miss Lipscomb, recounting what made their friendships with Logan and Tori so special. This was followed by the recession of the court.

Afterward, the basketball cheerleaders kept the energy and spirits going with a couple of band chants and a dance. They too were dressed in pink bows with matching pink pom poms.

Following the ceremony was a lovely ice cream reception hosted by parent volunteers where students and families congratulated the court and took pictures, while sharing in a short fellowship.